Monday, January 28, 2013

Why Skype Is So Amazing For Nutrition Consultations!!

I started using Skype for Nutrition consultations a couple of years ago.  It has been really effective and has enabled me to speak to clients at a great distance giving a much more personal emphasis than telephone or email dialogue. 

The facility also allows the typing through of information needed to be ‘taken away’ from the session or send through links to supplements or other information whilst chatting with my clients. 

Additionally, when discussing the reasons behind why changes are needed I can draw simple examples of how the body works – very simple! and hold these up to the screen to share.  This is something I would do in a face to face session so enables the consultation to be much more like that basis.

Last week I had 3 Skype consultations, one of them was from a client in a local city who would have visited here.  However, the snowy weather disrupting travel meant that Skype was the perfect alternative and the appointment did not need to be moved back as can so often happen in these weather conditions.
Ackworth in the Snow
Distance has become ‘no object’.  I have had successful Skype consultations with clients in the North, South, East and West of the U.K. and also in Europe.  Now that this is a possibility, earlier consultations conducted to as far as New Zealand could easily be switched to the Skype mode.

Finally, being able to see someone in person whilst chatting is just amazing, it is the next best thing to being in the same room, and that makes such a difference to the quality of the consultation.

Signing up to use Skype could not be easier, I find it a great way to keep in touch with family too - especially with all of my family living so far away.  Here is the link for the Skype website


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed! I just recently had a Skype consultation with Suzy as I live in Dubai but still like to get advice on nutrition from a trusted source I know from home. It was just like being with Suzy and was a relief to have answers to my questions. Thanks for all the great tips! Nicky.

Suzy Sherratt said...

Thank you Nicky!
I love being able to communicate this way - it is so much more personal than just a telephone consultation and really helpful to be able to use the text box to transfer information at the same time! Suzy